As I have mentioned before, Toby, like me, suffers from eczema. It is only quite mild – a few patches on the back of his knees and his arms, and more recently two small dry patches on his face. We have creams which have been prescribed by the doctor but I don’t like to use these medicated creams any more than is necessary. So when we were given the opportunity to try some products designed to help prevent dry skin and eczema I was eager to give them a go.
Saira Khan is the founder of miamoo. After a lifetime of dry skin Saira decided to research and produce natural products which could be used not only on adult dry and sensitive skin but also on children and babies. There are six miamoo products, each with many possible uses. All the products are at least 97% natural and don’t contain any nasty chemicals. The miamoo products are designed for their recommended 3 step skincare routine – wash, moisturise, massage.
We were sent the miamoo travel goodies set which contains miniature versions of all six miamoo products. There are three products which can be used for washing; spritz and wipe, splashy wash and fresh locks shampoo, two products for moisturising; huggy lotion and cheeky cream and finally there is baba oil for massage (among many other things!). All the products come in a handy clear wallet along with a cotton face cloth. Ideal for hand luggage on a flight, or even to go in your hospital bag if you are expecting a baby. The travel goodies set retails at £15 or individual products are available in larger sizes for £6 for the baba oil or £4 for all the other products.
- With ingredients such as lavender, geranium, sweet almond oil, orange flower water, marshmallow extract, limewater, bitter orange extract, jojoba, chamomile, and lemon oil – the miamoo products all smell amazing! I loved that they didn’t smell like ‘baby’ products – Toby smelled so delicious after his bath I couldn’t stop sniffing his head!
- I really liked the fact that the products are all made from natural ingredients with no hidden nasties.
- We used splashy wash and fresh locks shampoo in the bath. The splashy wash made plenty of gentle bubbles and did a great job of cleaning Toby’s delicate skin without irritating it. We don’t always use shampoo but the fresh locks shampoo did a great job.
- The spritz and wipe is lovely and fresh smelling. To be honest I didn’t think it was a product we really needed but it had been great to give Toby’s bum a quick spray when doing a nappy change – we use washable baby wipes and although I soak them in an essential oil solution you don’t get the same fresh smell that you get from disposable baby wipes.
- The huggy lotion and the baba oil are very easy to apply; I used the huggy lotion on Toby’s arms and legs, followed by the baba oil. They left his skin feeling very smooth and soft – we had four or five days with no eczema flare up at all. It did come back a little bit behind his knees but I think this was more down to me not moisturising quite as often as I should have for a day or so. Both of these products are absorbed into the skin really quickly which is great when you’ve got a wriggly baby who really doesn’t want to lie still while you spend ages rubbing cream in!
- The dry patches and the nasty dribble rash that Toby had on his chin cleared up completely after just a couple of days. I used the huggy lotion, baba oil and cheeky cream (not all at the same time, although I think you can do this) and having previously tried all sorts of lotions and potions I was amazed at how quickly Toby’s face cleared up.
- I really love the fact that miamoo products have a multitude of uses and can be used by all the family. This is fantastic for saving space and money both at home, and even more importantly it means we don’t have to take loads of different products if we go away (which is a great bonus when we have a car full of baby stuff as it is!)
- I’ve noticed a little of each product goes a long way. This, along with the very reasonable prices, makes miamoo great value for money.
- I haven’t specifically been using the miamoo products myself but I’ve noticed that the eczema and dry skin on my hands has improved as a by-product of putting the creams and oil onto Toby.
- As well as the products themselves there is lots of great information and advice on the miamoo website about how to care for dry and sensitive skin, and which are the best products to use.
- The only product I wasn’t as impressed with was the cheeky cream. Toby has never had real nappy rash but often his bum gets a bit red looking. We usually use Sudocrem which clears it up in one application but I found that even after using the cheeky cream at every nappy change Toby’s bum was still red at the end of the day. That said, I did use it on his face as well and it seemed to help in clearing up his dribble rash.
We really liked the miamoo travel goodies set. I think the products are all very reasonably priced and I would be happy to keep using them on not only Toby but myself as well. In fact, once my travel sizes have run out I think I’ll probably be ordering some of the products in the full size versions.
miamoo are very kindly offering all my readers 10% off any full price products – just enter the code Blog13 at the checkout.
**Disclaimer: We were sent the miamoo travel goodies set in return for this review. All opinions are my own.